Thursday, April 4, 2013

Post-Resurrection Life

The last week of Lent and the passion and worship of Holy Week are almost a week behind us already. I am grateful that in the midst of it, I found space to be quiet and attentive, but before the drama and intensity of those days recedes completely, it's important for me to note how the Lenten disciplines drew to a close.

In addition to these two words that I documented - Help and Cup - the last week of the Lenten photo challenge focused on these words: Home, Alone, Restore, Blessed, Rejoice and Light, Far and Roots.While I failed to keep up with the daily challenge of seeing these words manifest in my day, participating in the community of folks reading the blog from Rethink Church, looking for ways to connect with others, and being attentive to the distinct forty days of the season were important parts of my experience of Lent this year.

Help
"God grant me the serenity..."

Cup
My first First Communion chalice, created for my internship site for Maundy Thursday:
"Do this in remembrance of me."



Now into the fifty days of Easter where we celebrate the resurrection of Christ and the victory of life over death and light over darkness, I hope that my post-resurrection life and ministry will be marked with as much anticipation, reflection, celebration as those earlier forty days. Life can not just move ahead day-by-day unchanged by the events of Easter. Christ is Risen, Indeed. Alleluia, Alleluia!

No comments: